We are looking for an Embedded Hardware Engineer who is passionate about designing and developing bespoke hardware systems. In this role, you will join our growing embedded systems team to develop embedded computers solutions to install in rolling stock (trains, locomotives) which interfaces with on-train systems and continuously transmit data to our servers in shore side.
As we continue to expand our product portfolio, we are counting with your talented contribute to create our next-generation products.
- Design and develop embedded hardware systems for a variety of railway applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define hardware requirements and specifications.
- Create and maintain schematics, PCB layouts, and component libraries.
- Prototype, test, and validate hardware designs, making necessary improvements.
- Select appropriate components and vendors for hardware production.
- Conduct performance analysis and optimization of hardware systems.
- Work on hardware debugging and troubleshooting.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Participate in the product certification process.
- Stay updated on emerging hardware technologies and industry trends.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a similar field. Bachelor’s degree to be evaluated in conjunction with work experience.
- Proven experience in embedded hardware design and development.
- Proficiency in PCB design tools (e.g., Altium Designer, Eagle, KiCad).
- Relevant knowledge of ARM architectures (A-Cores/ Cortex-M) and System-on-Module (SoM) integration.
- Experience with analog and digital circuit design.
- Familiarity with communication protocols and embedded interfaces (SPI, I2C, UART, USB, PCIe, etc.).
- Knowledge of hardware testing and validation techniques.
- Ability to communicate in English both oral and written.
- Prior experience with regulatory compliance and certification processes is a plus.
- Collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Hybrid work schedule. (in-office and remote)
- Integration in a young and multidisciplinary team.
- Career growth and development opportunities.
- Challenging technological projects, for Portuguese and international customers around the world.
- Stable employment contract and good salary conditions, according to the experience and proven capabilities.
The workplace is on Nomad Tech facilities at Matosinhos, located on the Parque Oficinal de Guifões, Rua do Ferroviário, 4460-020, Guifões, Portugal.
In case of interest please send your CV to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org