Internet and email conditions of use
Internet and email Conditions of Use
Use of Nomad Tech internet and email is intended for business use. Personal use is permitted where such use does not affect the individual’s business performance, is not detrimental to Nomad Tech in any way, not in breach of any term and condition of employment and does not place the individual or Nomad Tech in breach of statutory or other legal obligations.
All individuals are accountable for their actions on the internet and email systems.Individuals must not:
- Use the internet or email for the purposes of harassment or abuse.
- Use profanity, obscenities, or derogatory remarks in communications.
- Access, download, send or receive any data (including images), which Nomad Tech considers offensive in any way, including sexually explicit, discriminatory,
- defamatory or libellous material.
- Use the internet or email to make personal gains or conduct a personal business.
- Use the internet or email to gamble.
- Use the email systems in a way that could affect its reliability or effectiveness, for
- example distributing chain letters or spam.
- Place any information on the Internet that relates to Nomad Tech, alter any
- information about it, or express any opinion about Nomad Tech, unless they are
- specifically authorised to do this.
- Send unprotected sensitive or confidential information externally.
- Forward Nomad Tech mail to personal (non-Nomad Tech) email accounts (for example a personal Hotmail account).
- Make official commitments through the internet or email on behalf of Nomad Tech unless authorised to do so.
- Download copyrighted material such as music media (MP3) files, film and video files without appropriate approval.
- In any way infringe any copyright, database rights, trademarks or other intellectual property.
- Download any software from the internet without prior approval of the IT Department.
- Connect Nomad Tech devices to the internet using non-standard connections.
This policy must be read in conjunction with:
- Computer Misuse Act 1990
- Data Protection Act 1998
It is your responsibility to report suspected breaches of security policy without delay to your line management, the IT department, the information security department or the IT helpdesk.
All breaches of information security policies will be investigated. Where investigations reveal misconduct, disciplinary action may follow in line with Nomad Tech disciplinary procedures.